Author Topic: Spawnbuilding Event  (Read 4692 times)

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
Spawnbuilding Event
« on: January 14, 2018, 05:59:38 pm »
EDIT 2: This has been delayed indefinitely, until my schedule finally quiets down. It'll probably be sometime in February before we can finish. Sorry guys.

EDIT: The event has been delayed until the 22nd due to something that came up unexpectedly at the last minute. Sorry for any inconvenience

Now that everyone has had a bit of time to get some infrastructure going, we're going to be setting up some proper facilities at spawn on the modded server.

This will basically be a small building with some amenities such as crafting and a furnace to help players get some starting gear and provide protection if they spawn in during the night.

Hope to see some of you there.

The event will start on January 22, 2018, 07:00:00 pm. Note: Please make sure your timezone is set correctly, as that date is formatted based on that information
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:52:55 pm by bloxgate »

hjelle9000

• View Profile
  • IGN: hjelle9000
Re: Spawnbuilding Event
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:31:56 am »
Was wondering what we would be able to contribute, or if it would be a sort of ribbon cutting event.  As I have a max tier astral alter, and if wanted i could give others access to one, or if this would strictly be an early game start kinda thing.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
Re: Spawnbuilding Event
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 01:05:07 am »
The main idea is that it'd be a shelter with basic amenities so that people don't get destroyed if they spawn in at night or something. Some examples for what to include would be crafting supplies, early game tinkers (no smeltery), maybe some sort of solar powered furnace.

It could also be helpful to have some very early game stuff from a few of the mods to give people an idea of which direction to take. Do keep in mind this building will be rather small, so we'll have to be mindful of what we're stuffing in it.

That being said, if someone were to start building an actual settlement with trading, more advanced setups, and what not near spawn I wouldn't be opposed to its existence. Though please do wait and/or get permission for where. Don't want some horrible monstrosity literally surrounding the spawn building on all sides :P.