Author Topic: A couple of random suggestions and ideas.  (Read 4315 times)

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
A couple of random suggestions and ideas.
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:53:36 pm »
Recently I've been having some random ideas/suggestions for the server (and it's welfare) and I thought I should maybe list them.

1:  I love spacebuild and most of the maps.  Almost all maps are original and have cool designs and places to explore.  However, that sense of exploration is kind of ruined because you can noclip anywhere (except space).  And plus, people planet hop a lot (Gaining momentum, flying through space to the planet).  There's not really much we can do about planet hopping but I honestly feel like there should be a system where you can't noclip on a planet unless it's a spawn planet.  Not sure how it'd be implemented, but it's just a thought.

2: Since the server is tight on cash, I feel like you could sell the SC2 script on scriptfodder or something.  Of course you would have to get in a mutual agreement with Frog and Zombie, but I feel like it would help ensure the server staying up.

3: I don't have one yet, I really only had 2 things.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
Re: A couple of random suggestions and ideas.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:43:41 pm »
Hi. Thanks for the suggestions.

1.) We had a system similar to this back when Nighthawk still ran things. It proved to be very unpopular, and that feature was reverted back to current behavior. Also, doing exactly what you suggest would also stop noclip from working inside climate regulators. Not sure if anyone would like that.

2.) SC2 is in a rather iffy place regarding the legality of selling it. In addition to having to get permission from Zombie, Frog, and Kevin, there are also several other people whose permission I'd require. There's also the small matter of our version having a very similar name to Diaspora's, and several models being rescale and recolored SBEP props that we can't bundle with it. While it is possible for me to actually sell it, it's not worth the effort to do so. The current plan is to setup a Patreon for the server, we are just waiting for feedback before doing anything. So if you see anyone who hasn't yet, please remind them to fill out the google form in the announcements section.

3.) If you have any suggestions for SC, please make them in the dev subforum. @kevinminion and I are currently working on the 2.1 update for SC.