Author Topic: SC cap issue  (Read 6167 times)

Keeves

• Global Moderator Global Moderator Global Moderator Global Moderator Global Moderator Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • ^ That is not me
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Keeves
SC cap issue
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:29:28 pm »
When is it going to get fixed?
아 시발이거 번역하는 사람들은 병신.   -Mr.Keeves-

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
Re: SC cap issue
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:33:54 am »
Well, I'm not a part of this, but in a way the Capacitor is HORRIBLY broken.  The max recharge time, on any of my ships, is about 300 seconds.  I believe it's so short due to energy consumption on weapons, and taking a super long time, like shield recharging, would be more of an annoyance than anything "balanced". However, the extremely quick recharge time makes for statistically INVINCIBLE ships.  I believe it should take the same recharge time it's always been, but make Shield/Armor/Hull Rechargers require a much larger amount of capacitor.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:35:24 am »
Capacitor recharge time is going to be nerfed soon. We're just having trouble coming up with a good way to scale recharge times how we want.

Mr. Pyro the Narwhal

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Mr. Pyro the Narwhal
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:08:13 pm »
I think there are a few issues with the changes you made @bloxgate . You are right on the mark with the recharge rate, but the PG/CAP/etc. limits are to low, raise them a bit. The hull/armor/shields are fine FYI.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:19:45 pm »
Cap is balanced based on how much the weapons use per shot, they are actually recharging much too fast. You're supposed to have to wait to recharge every now and then to ensure that you're not too overpowered. As for the PG its balanced so that you cannot have too many high tier weapons.