Author Topic: [Denied] Ultra-Trusted Donator Application.  (Read 18206 times)

Scarecrow

• Global Moderator
  • Starting Member
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Scarecrow
Re: Ultra-Trusted Donator Application.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 07:38:13 am »
@Rain we shouldn't let him off. Proper actions include using the report command, votekicking, contacting staff via steamchat/pm on here/email. Backseat moderation is absolutely unacceptable.

Did he do any of those things?
Nothing that involved actual moderation, rather threats that hinted towards them being staff.
Most of it was just vulgar language being thrown at the two other players, the threats being mentioned earlier, rather than just reporting it they must've just lost it.

Bert John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Bert John
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 05:26:40 am »
well from what iv read, It sounds like this is basically the same as mario/troll backseat moderation. Backseat moderation is backseat moderation, no matter how you plate it.

Tho i do have a question, was any physical action taken? Or was it all just threats and warnings? Additionally what were the threats exactly? Elaborate please.

Scarecrow

• Global Moderator
  • Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 04:59:15 am »
well from what iv read, It sounds like this is basically the same as mario/troll backseat moderation. Backseat moderation is backseat moderation, no matter how you plate it.

Tho i do have a question, was any physical action taken? Or was it all just threats and warnings? Additionally what were the threats exactly? Elaborate please.
Threats in general, but they were also killing them and teleporting their props around, but that's only because they were trying to spam compressors on the spawn, so It's not completely their fault.
The two people he was arguing with were the ones that set him off, major rule-breaking and what not.

Bert John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 01:09:58 am »

Threats in general, but they were also killing them and teleporting their props around, but that's only because they were trying to spam compressors on the spawn, so It's not completely their fault.
The two people he was arguing with were the ones that set him off, major rule-breaking and what not.

Well not to bomb your or his parade here or anything but from what you just said is the following issues:
-Destroying players builds on earth(Prop damage/destruction)
-Spawn killing
-Backseat moderation
-Mingebag behavior(Teleporting props/players, General asshole behavior even if its just retaliation to him/her)
-And just general threatening(Assuming along lines of "if you dont remove we'l ban you" or "if you dont remove you'l be banned")

That alone is enough for a few day ban+ right there if its his/her first offense, If you've been banned before id ban you for a week easily. Anyways according to posts above there wasn't an attempt to contact staff to remedy the situation or report them with ingame commands so that doesn't help the case either.

Anyways~ We don't got definite proof here for all that i listed(Even with confession) nor do i want to go out of my way to ban him/all involved myself or have someone here ban all involved, However the thought of passing trusted or higher status to someone who got set off so easily by one mingebag who's efforts could'v ALL been avoided with a simple life support room with a radius of 3500 is a bit of illogical decision if you ask me.

If they were prop spamming, Okay i could understand there precautions and actions, However compressors are SOOO easy to counter without staff its kinda useless to even try to grief with them, its honestly easier to just nuke a server then drain earth. If the earth lacking oxygen and cata is AFK, you can set up a small LS setup and get air, you can also vent oxygen into the atmosphere and balance it out again or create pockets of air until cata gets back to restore earth to breathable status in under a minute or two. (Any player can restore earth however its far easier for players who have pre-built set ups to refill earth as acquiring 2m+ air is far easier with a pro then some noob with a x50 multiplier)

Really all n all your actions were completely unnecessary and spaztic to say the least. It really has dropped even my own opinion of you whom i have not yet met due to personal reasons and issues. (I also need to reinstall the stuffz) Anyways thats all id like to say, I don't support this application until you learn to cool your head a bit more and chill out a bit when it comes to mingebaggery as your playing the game where the word mingebag was born.

Note: No offence intended but thats just what i read and thats basically what i got out of it, Apologies if your taking offense to me calling your actions spaztic, Tho i would like you to reflect on this in the future for hopes that you may react better next time.

tl;dr -1 because OP responded to mingebag with mingebag tactics, -1 until OP Gets there act together rather then acting like a spaztic child with "donator power".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:11:33 am by Bert John »

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 07:47:00 am »
@Bert John do you mind clarifying who you're talking about? I can't decide if you're talking about RainbowCat or Scarecrow, as you've met Cat before AFAIK but this isn't Scarecrow's application.

Scarecrow

• Global Moderator
  • Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 10:29:26 am »
@Bert John do you mind clarifying who you're talking about? I can't decide if you're talking about RainbowCat or Scarecrow, as you've met Cat before AFAIK but this isn't Scarecrow's application.
I don't think it was directed towards me, but either way, the issues you've listed Bert are caused by the one's whom they were dealing with, and not the application poster.

I've played Garry's Mod since Its early public release in 2005, and I'm no stranger when it comes to the kinds of people that you would've, or I've actually have come across @Bert John
I was simply giving a warning based on how Cat would've handled the situation, if they were given powers, and given what powers that rank is given there shouldn't be much concern.
As for them applying for staff, I'd definitely keep an eye out, I'm not saying that they would do it again but that's always a possibility.

Bert John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:15 am »

Oh damn, Just re-read it. Thats really confusing actually. Anyways to clarify my post, From what i read so far is scarecrow reported rainbowcat for backseat moderation. My post is directed to rainbowcat but used scarecrow's post as a quote for context to my post.

I dont recall meeting a rainbowcat, From what i see so far is this is a new Donator, Last time i was on with donators was that damig or something or other and there was mario~ and thats it for terms of donators.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 12:08:16 pm »
Right, well if there are no objections I'm going to go ahead and deny this.