Author Topic: BLOX WTF  (Read 6164 times)

Wet_Burrito123

• View Profile
BLOX WTF
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:49:27 pm »
Blox, I am bringing you an issue that is on a lot of people's minds, and that is the server can't handle some big ships, battles, anything big, and shields (on occasion). Now people are donating money to you, such as DeathTuba, your Moderator, and he donated $80 to you. We haven't seen any upgrades of any kind, and many people would like to see them, but they are non-existent. This issue concerns and angers many people due to the fact that more people play Spacebuild, and when others are trying to build, the lag is horrendous and people complain all the time. Also, whenever there is a space battle, It lags so bad I can't even walk or open a tool. It took 4 minutes to open a tool one time. It is annoying to think people donated money to you because they liked your server and they wanted to see it thrive, but you never upgraded it with the amount of money you have received. I hope you review this post seriously and considerately.

-A Wet Burrito

Deadly Gageybage:P

• Donator
  • Starting Member
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Deathtuba
Re: BLOX WTF
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 11:54:17 pm »
Now about my 80$, I want to know wtf the TBA means and why i have not gotten that TBA.

-Love Deathtuba

codymitchell597

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »
Ya so I haven't seen any changes sense the server has gotten put back up, so it would make the server better if you upgraded the server!

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 04:57:08 pm »
Any upgrades are to be discussed with @Bert John the money goes to him, not me. I take it you guys didn't read the details when you clicked that donate button.

@Deadly Gageybage:P TBA means to be announced. I've told you what its likely going to be and asked for you input, but never got a response.

Edit: I've issued a warning for @Wet_Burrito123 's message. If you have grievances, please don't post to the forums accusing staff of stealing money. We have contact info available on here for exactly this sort of situation.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:02:55 pm by bloxgate »

Deadly Gageybage:P

• Donator
  • Starting Member
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Deathtuba
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 08:30:24 pm »
I was never asked anything about that.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:59 pm »
@Deadly Gageybage:P I've sent you an e-mail with the details. Hopefully you get it this time.

Bert John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Bert John
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:50:51 am »
Well if you had asked me, I would have told you exactly what is going on. Iv talked to Bloxgate about my plans, We keep revising them slightly every now and again, so its best to just ask me instead.

Iv already told many people the plans, but ill post it here, again.

Here's how the donations, Server bills, Server upgrade, and how Bloxgaming is operating now, compared to before, and how it will be operating in the future.

Donations:

All donation's are sent to my PayPal account. All Donations, Marked on the Pitchin page are stated to be used for Server Bills, As seen here: https://bloxgaming.com/forum/index.php/topic,580.0.html
Now, What is the server bill, Why do we have a shitty server but such a bill?
Our server bill is roughly 40$ USD Monthly. All donation's help keep me out of pulling money out of my own pocket for this temporary server that we're using now. Reminder: This server is temporary.
Note: If your wondering why we don't just rent slotted servers, we need: A proper CPU for SB, And we have other stuff running on the server box like MC/TS/Etc.

In order for us to get a serious upgrade, We're gonna either have to find someone who can put out 200-300$ USD Monthly, Or, Buy/Build our own Server box. I, Obviously am doing the latter. The whole purpose of the pitchin is to keep me from pulling money out of my own pocket, So i can save up sufficient funds to buy a proper server box for us. I already blew 2300$ CAD On my current PC, That took about 4 month's. Also it doesn't help that im the ONLY one pitching in to pay for this server, But then again, This server box is going to be coming out of my own pocket, thus i own it entirely. You're 80$ USD Was used to pay for server bills(As is every other donation).

If your wondering why its taking me so long, Im not cheaping out on this server box. Im only buying one, and im not buying replacement parts every other year. Thus im buying a good one and leaving management to bloxgate. In exchange i get what i want hosted on it, and he gets his community and whatever else he wants hosted on it.

How is Bloxgaming tied into all this? Why is it all this way?

I like Bloxgaming, It had most of the old Forge SB Content, While a lot of it is now missing(Which is sad), I still enjoy it. However, Bloxgate can no longer host it, So im hosting it on a temporary server box until i can purchase my own, We will then transition over to that.

I hope that clears everything up for now. I do not appreciate the attitude i am recieving as i could easily just click Cancel Subscription on the server box, Let it run on its current month and its backup 35$ USD in its account and eventually turn off completely. Most of the bills here are out of my own pocket, And money isn't something you can just pull out of my ass.

ill Give you a little run down on an example pay check.

Let's say you make 16$ CAD An hour. sound's like a lot right? You make 1,280$ CAD every pay check. But then you get tax's. First, You have Government, Then you have Provincial tax's. Both total up to 13%. That's 166$ gone. Then if your in a union(Which is highly likely as most job's nowadays that pay higher then minimum wage have a union involved) you have union fee's. These range from 25 to 50$ every week. In my case, I pay over 100$ In union fee's per check. 110$ to be exact. So were at 276$ Less right off the bat. Then we have RPC, Which is about 40$, then we have EI which is about 40$, then we have Social commiti which is 1$. So over-all, In a single check, im only getting about 75% Of what i make right off the bat. And im not even making 16$, im far less.

Then i got my own bills, From life. Such as Rent, Food, Gas. While these are over-all cheap(About 150$/200$ Every check), It still takes its toll.

Now your probably thinking "Well fuck, we're never gonna get the upgrade". Well while your not wrong to think that it's gonna be forever until it happens, Let me put this in perspective. I had to wait 4 month's to buy my PC, That's 8/9 Pay checks. Additionally its now almost Christmas and iv already dissed out 150$ On presents, Tho that was for my niece, I expect to spend another 50 to 100 on the rest.

If you got a problem with how i spend my money, Please, Oh so please take over and fund Bloxgaming yourself. You get a fancy title of Owner, Responsibilities to keep the server up and going, Oh and a ton of people bitching at you, A big server bill.... It's a lovely deal. So please, Step in if you have the guts to dedicate a huge portion of your own money to this community.

Requirements to host Bloxgaming:

-Surrender complete control of the Box to Bloxgate
-Obey the rules set by Bloxgate
-Pay the server bills(40$USD Or more, up to 399$ USD Monthly)
*Optional*-Ability to have entitled people bitch at you and not bark back.

Like you know, With the money i put towards this community, i could'v bought myself Battlefield 1, Dishonored, Civ 6, Stonehearth, And a few others. But i didn't, I put it towards this community.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:39:40 pm by Bert John »

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 05:01:41 pm »
Note on the above for anyone wondering why the donation goal isn't just $40. There's a small fee for the currency conversion, and we try and keep ~1.5 - 2 months in the account at any time.