Author Topic: An E2 Request From: Shifty  (Read 4936 times)

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
An E2 Request From: Shifty
« on: November 19, 2015, 02:29:45 pm »
For a while now, I've been building Space "Gas Stations" and Speeders. I had an idea for a Speeder so that it has no resource gen, but it has storage.  The idea is simple, but there's no way for me to tell whether I have enough resources to continue flying/going to planets. (I mean, an E2 that lists the resource could be used, but where's the fun in that?)

Anyways, my E2 request is an E2 that reads Gas Storages and Resource Caches for the amount of resources.  When it has full resources, there is a HUD indicator(When you're in the chair) that is Green.  As resources are consumed, the color slowly fades from Greens, to Yellow Greens, to Yellows, to Shades of Orange, and then Red.  Red meaning "Hey, you better haul ass over to the resource station."

This sort of things is probably unbelievably simple, and possibly Doable without E2, but I lack the knowledge to either create an E2, or make a system similar to what I want. Anyways, Happy coding! (If anyone does)

kevinminion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Kevin Minion
Re: An E2 Request From: Shifty
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »
I took a break from gmod tonight, but I can probably do this in 15-30 minutes tomorrow night.  It sounds like you are only interested in the Energy / Coolant / Oxygen? (I call it the CAF storage, as opposed to the GS3 Storage)

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
Re: An E2 Request From: Shifty
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:40:00 pm »
@kevinminion Yeah, I'm really just interested in Oxygen/Water/Nitrogen