Author Topic: Universal WarpDrive2 Controller  (Read 4091 times)

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
Universal WarpDrive2 Controller
« on: September 05, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »
I'm sure you've all seen the holowarp controller that @Supermarioglitchy514 posted recently. I'll admit its good, but it only works on maps that it has the planets programmed for. I've come up with a solution for this problem that I want to share with you all: Bloxgate's Warp Drive Control Unit!

E2 Info:
  • Size: 1.64 kb
  • Inputs: 2
  • Outputs: 2
  • Required extensions: Planet Keyvalues, see my previous creation the HoloRadar for a download.
IO Info:
This E2 has 2 inputs: a wirelink to an EGP and an entity to the vehicle you want to control the drive from.
The E2 has 2 outputs: Target, a vector, and Engage, a number. Target is your selected position, and Engage tells the warp drive to go.

Usage:
Place the chip and connect it to an EGP screen and a vehicle. If necessary reset the e2 by reuploading the code after wiring. On the EGP you should have a numbered list of the planets on the map. Get in the linked vehicle. Type "#destlock [number]" (without the quotes) to select a planet, it'll turn green on the list. A message telling you what planet you selected and that the drive is ready will appear on screen. Type "#warp" (again w/out the quotes) to activate the drive, a hint will pop up and the top of the screen will turn green. After about 5 seconds you should warp and the top of the egp will return to red.

Notes:
This has only been tested on the warpdrive2 but should work with any jump drive system that uses a similar input scheme.