Author Topic: [Rejected] Banned for no reason and other news  (Read 5347 times)

Supermarioglitchy514

• Donator
  • Starting Member
  • "I am a pervert" nough said
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Mariomette
[Rejected] Banned for no reason and other news
« on: May 04, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »
Okay so here is the thing you guys really should stop "assuming" people crash the server with the last prop or whatever spawned before the server crashes. This gets you the lack of players now to the banning.

This has gone on far enough your moderator "Shifty" has constantly deleted peoples props by "Cleaning up the map" when there is no lag. If you do not believe me go ask the new people on the server "Annoying Scout Main" has had his props deleted by shifty and he is a new person on this server.

Another thing is you should stop having your moderators put the blame on me and you guys assume it is me putting the blame on others.

This is a direct quote from Shifty " But there are other times that it was and you tried to pin the blame on others" yes in the past but I have recently become active now.

Now if you would lift the ban that would be great. One last thing the past is in the past I have changed, most of you wouldn't believe that and I respect that.

Sincerely supermarioglitchy514 AKA Mariomette

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
Re: Banned for no reason and other news
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:38:10 pm »
In reply to this post:  You were banned because there were two server crashes within the span of 5 minutes both caused by what you had spawned.  Both logs were indentical.
First Crash:

[EV] Mariomette (STEAM_0:0:81617034) spawned (sf-torptubel) models/slyfo/torpedoship1.mdl
[AdvDupe2Notify]Finished Pasting!
[EV] Mariomette (STEAM_0:0:81617034) spawned (sf-torpbig) models/slyfo/torpedo.mdl
[EV] Mariomette (STEAM_0:0:81617034) spawned (sf-torpbig) models/slyfo/torpedo.mdl
Second Crash:
(Same item.)

Now, the ban is only a week long but eyes have been kept on you in light of several "mysterious" crashes that have occured in your presence over the past several weeks.

I could be completely in the wrong here, they could be completely unrelated, but as of 10:34pm on 5/4/2017, there have been no crashes.

And yes, I have dealt with it through cleaning up the map because otherwise, the server would time out and crash.  In my opinion, cleaning up is better than letting it crash.  The first time it happened Mario argued "Ever heard of a Dakara Weapon?  Use that." but when the server is crashing and unresponsive, do you honestly think you could set one of those off?  And plus, those are laggy in of themselves.

And do you know what, maybe I could have dealt with it better?  But I did what I thought was necessary considering the evidence I had laid out infront of me.  So I would suggest waiting it out.

EDIT:

https://i.gyazo.com/ae54d269f525e1ee956a23301c9c81b5.png

Console before the second crash.  I had been asking a player named Callum if it was him with the first crash because he also had one of the final logs but lo and behold, shortly afterwards, the server had crashed.  (Due to source console not displaying a lot of info it doesn't display info about the server dying but where I had typed retry was during the reconnect screen to speed up the process.)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:43:53 pm by Shifty »

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
Re: Banned for no reason and other news
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:10:25 pm »
Sorry about this. We do not support our staff banning people for long periods of time without actual proof. We will be having a discussion with shifty.

That being said, I'm going to deny the appeal for not following the format, HOWEVER after discussion with staff we've lowered your ban time to 2 days. If you could provide a copy of that dupe for testing and it proves to not causes crashes we'll get you unbanned ASAP.

If you have a staff complaint, please use the correct board for it, rather than adding it on to your ban appeal.