Author Topic: New map?  (Read 5938 times)

kevinminion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Kevin Minion
New map?
« on: April 26, 2017, 02:26:20 pm »
I've seen a few SB users talking about map development the past week.  I would also be interested in this, but have not been in Hammer for at least a year.  If you are interested in contributing, please reply here and list any experience you have, if any.

Thank you

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
Re: New map?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »
Not applying to help, I'm busy enough at the moment. But I have a copy of the SB mapping kit somewhere. Includes a PDF with info about how planets are setup, and some tips to mapping that are a bit out of date, but might get you on the right track. I'll see if I can upload it sometime soon.

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 10:37:05 pm »
@bloxgate I would love to get a copy of that if you would be so kind.  I've been wanting to make my own Spacebuild map for a while but I lack any descriptive resources, whether outdated or not.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:15 pm »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ikr9x84qhvd1nv/SB%20Mapping.zip?dl=0

There's a link to my mapping folder. I'd strongly suggest that you ingore the HTML guide in the devkit, and check the information in the cheatsheet against the SB code. It has a lot of stuff miscategorized as being exclusive to other servers/gamemodes or not being used at all when they actually are.

EDIT: Also ignore the bit where it says SB3 only needs the FGD's brush environments. They don't work that well last I checked. Use logic cases anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:38:10 pm by bloxgate »

Shifty

• View Profile
  • IGN: Shifty
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ikr9x84qhvd1nv/SB%20Mapping.zip?dl=0

There's a link to my mapping folder. I'd strongly suggest that you ingore the HTML guide in the devkit, and check the information in the cheatsheet against the SB code. It has a lot of stuff miscategorized as being exclusive to other servers/gamemodes or not being used at all when they actually are.

EDIT: Also ignore the bit where it says SB3 only needs the FGD's brush environments. They don't work that well last I checked. Use logic cases anyway.

Magnifico!  Thanks for the info.

RendStung

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
  • IGN: RendStung
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »
I found a github with prefabs, detailed guide, basically the basics of creating maps for spacebuild. https://github.com/philxyz/factions/tree/master/mapping_tutorials
Just call me Rend. DO NOT CALL ME STUNG WHATEVER YOU DO!

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 11:34:23 pm »
Remember to ignore anything that says to use the FGD entities. Last time I checked those were still horribly broken.