Our Servers > BloxGaming SB3

Prop Resizer?

(1/3) > >>

XTrollMaster:
Hey blox I just started making my new lantean corvette, and I ran into a problem when building the ship. I needed a bigger version of a prop and there was only one size of the model, so I needed to use the Prop Resizer in order to get the correct size of the prop (and btw I built the ship in sp to achieve this). I would like to ask if you could see into adding the Prop Resizer stool, not just for me or my ships, but to other players who might require the use of the tool. I understand if you are not in a position to add anymore plugins to the server. I know the server has been having some problems lately, but when you feel that the server is fixed back to its glorious state, could you consider about adding that tool? Not just me, but others might appreciate it as well. Thanks for taking my post into consideration. Have a good day/night :)

bloxgate:
@XTrollMaster I presume you are talking about https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116892991?

If so, it doesn't resize the hitbox of the prop. If you can find one that does I'll consider adding it, otherwise its not an option. We have enough problems with people finding ways to make their ship non-solid to weapons already.

XTrollMaster:
Oops, my bad, I meant the Collision Resizer stool. That one actually changes not only the prop/models size, but it also changes the prop/models hitbox accordingly with the size you select. Here's a link to the tool: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217376234&searchtext=Collision+Resizer

bloxgate:
@XTrollMaster A few more questions. It mentions that parts with lots of convex pieces may cause problems. Not sure how many of our players ships meet that criteria, but do you know how big of a performance impact that has?
 Also, it says that a lot of resized parts in dupes can have a big CPU impact. As CPU is going to be a limiting factor on the server for a while yet, do you know how big of an impact it actually has when duping?

XTrollMaster:
Well when I spawn my ships in SP I get a frame drop (depending on the size I set it to) for like 3-4 seconds, usually from like 80 to 50-55fps.  However I do not know how the server will handle this, other players though may have some issues especially if they have old computers *cough* toasters *ahem*. I have tried testing with most of the SBEP models, and I have found that if you take a model and make it 10x the size then you'll freeze for a moment, so I suggest if anyone uses this tool they up the size by a small amount at one time. Like for my ship I only needed one model to be 0.5% bigger as I move to the rear of the ship so it didn't give me any issues. If you would like the see the ship I built then here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818528020
The models I used with the Collision Resizer were the hull on the left and right side of the ship.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version