Author Topic: Ban Appeal  (Read 10711 times)

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
  • IGN: A Frickin Idiot
Ban Appeal
« on: August 02, 2015, 09:32:33 pm »
Steam Profile Name: A Frickin Idiot

Steam ID :STEAM_0:1:31473300

Ban Reason:No clue, maybe spawn kill?

Admin who banned you: Think his name was "Sticky"

Why I think you should Un-ban me:

Let me start off on what happened before I say anything else, me and my friend Devizzle joined the server. Me and him like to screw around a lot and begun killing each other, Sticky started talking to us on how spawn killing is bad and "kills the rainforests" and so on. After explaining to him we were friends and that no harm was done he begun to say that didn't matter and killing is killing even though both of us didn't have a problem with waiting 5 seconds to respawn. Later about 20-30 minutes in Sticky started talking very weirdly and I asked him if he had a cold, into which he responded no which I than said "Oh, it's just that you have a nasally voice." He took this as disrespect and literally just stared at us for around 5 minutes trying to catch me or him do something bannable so he could get rid of me. Him and what I assume is his friends started doing something I could describe only as a ten year old child's cringey first youtube video, they started playing with someones dead body after they killed them in order to do a "Cartoon" kind of like Star Wars. I started shooting the body on top of the roof to try to push it into the lake because they had created a long bridge sort of like a diving board directly over it. They all freaked out and started calling me a "Spawnkiller" and than killed me for no reason whatsoever. After this I finished my ship and flew over to the desert planet (I want to point out it says directly over the teleporting room it is a "War planets" or "Battles planets" I forgot the name for it. Someone had made a base and I got out and started throwing S.L.A.M's on top of the roof and exploded it. Sticky than rushed over and froze me and repeatedly talked over me saying it was a "Peaceful" Planet and I was breaking multiple rules blah blah blah. I than said "Oh no! please don't ban me!!! you are so powerful!!!" (Obviously sarcastic mind you) Into which I was than banned after he started screaming about "Disrespect" and banned me. I thought nothing of it and went about my business assuming it was about a 30 minute ban or something. Boy was I wrong, Nearly 24 hours later I joined back and I was still banned which than led me to make this Appeal.

TL:DR Sticky freaks out about me calling him "Nasally" and being sarcastic, into which he closely monitors me trying to get me banned because he is butthurt.

Bert John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Bert John
Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 10:24:06 pm »
I am not sticky, However, I have told you before that you are to NOT kill on spawn whatsoever, Even if you are friends with the victim, As it encourages others to do the same (Leading to a misconception that its okay to kill people on spawn).

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »
Don't think I've seen you before but still i'll take your word for it, so does this mean i'm still banned?

Lt.Col.Catalyst[88thMC]

• Global Moderator
  • Thats no moon, its a space station!
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Lt.Col.Catalyst[88thMC]
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 11:23:53 pm »
It probably does (hi im catalyst the admin btw) but as bert said people really shouldn't kill on spawn, its just bad all around, and sarcasm can sometimes be offensive to people, be careful. But still, your new, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Hai, i see you have read one of my posts, feel free to give some feedback to the email adress listed here: icantbelieveyourgullibleenoughtoreadthis@gullibleness.com

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 11:44:54 pm »
Exactly, I know how it feels to work hard on a ship or make a life support system, only to be shot or have my work exploded in front of me because some guy thinks it would be funny to light a nuke off in the middle of spawn.

Bert John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Bert John
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 02:54:21 am »
Don't think I've seen you before but still i'll take your word for it, so does this mean i'm still banned?

Im the moderator that has a bunch of pets around him, Such as a strider, a hl2 city scanner, a pixie, a vortigaunt, and a headcrab. Really there isn't any other player like me on the server atm

To refresh your memory a little, on the map sb_battlegrounds, you were working on a platform above the lake, had a bunch of hydro pumps or something, you killed your friend, i froze you, teleported to you, i proceeded to tell you over microphone to not spawn kill, Which you then said you had no speakers, But then your friend started replying in your stead saying your friends n all. I told them to tell you that it is not allowed to spawn kill, Even if it is friends, It encourages others to do it when it clearly isnt allowed. Apparently my message was never relayed to your ears like i asked.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
  • IGN: bloxgate
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:09 pm »
Interesting... His steam ID's not showing up in the database so I can't get the full ban reason. Calling @StickyMantis for details.

StickyMantis

• ɯoʇɥǝɹfnckǝɹ
  • Global Moderator
  • Starting Member
  • - One must endure pain, to be rid of it -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 02:38:41 pm »
Let me begin by saying that I did not ban you for saying i have a "nasily" voice. I don't take stuff like that personally. I banned you because you were being disrespectful to other people and spawn killing and being a complete smartass whenever I said something to you
Also, I didn't just follow you around to get rid of you. I kept checking up on you to make sure you weren't breaking any rules as I was being very lineant with you after kicking your friend, and I was trying to be nice and give you warnings. But that didn't work, so I went on with banning you.

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »
Never said you banned me for having a nasally voice, just said that was probally your incentive to hunt me down. As for being "lineant" don't even act like having you sniffing my ass 24/7 was a privilege. "Being a smartass whenever I said something to you." You spoke to me twice and than banned me, as for warnings you said "Don't kill in spawn" which I did not do after that so called "Warnings" Do not apply.

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 08:23:33 pm »
I banned you because you were being disrespectful to other people and spawn killing

Other people? Like who? I never spoke to anyone else after my friend left.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 09:01:04 am »
If there's no additional input to this thread by tomorrow I'm locking it and the ban will stand.

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 05:53:52 pm »
Why should it even stand? It was completely false and I still don't even know how long it is because you said it wasn't even in your system! Not only that but sticky replied with false information.

bloxgate

• Supreme Forum Overlord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bloxgate's Website
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 06:24:36 pm »
Well, I'm more inclined to believe 2 moderators saying that you were breaking rules. And from what I've seen here and been told you are rude and disrespectful towards staff and other players. You even admitted to breaking the rules in the OP. So you're staying banned for the 4 or so days left.

A Frickin Idiot

• Starting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 12:52:59 am »
Whatever, i'll find another server to play on.